On Monday 22nd January, a week-long campaign called #SmearForSmear by Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust’s launched.
The campaign is designed to encourage more women to understand the role of smear tests in preventing cervical cancer and encourage them to attend their tests. Influencers took part by uploading an image smearing their lipstick on their face and using the hashtag #SmearForSmear.
For the campaign, a number of celebrities and influencers from the likes of Vicky Pattison, Becky Sheeran and Holly Sheeran got on board looking to use their power and influence on followers to drive the campaign forward.
At Influencer Matchmaker, we’re proud to have a few of our female influencers be a part of this campaign to help spread awareness of how important smear tests are.
If you’re looking for an influencer to support your charity campaign, then get in touch with Amelia Neate and her team on 02039 580427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Need-to-Know Facts About Cervical Cancer*-
- Smear tests prevent 75% of all cervical cancers
- But 1 in 4 women don’t attend their smear test – that’s 1.2 million women not attending every year
- Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women under 35
- Smear tests provide the best protection against the disease, BUT attendance is falling across the UK, we’re at a 20 year low in England
- The reasons women don’t attend are wide-ranging, including embarrassment, fear, not thinking it’s important, not understanding what it’s for and simply putting it off
*All facts have been taken from https://www.jostrust.org.uk/